No one likes to try and sleep when cold.

I can't tell you how many nights I've spent camping feeling just a bit colder then I would like to. It happens to everyone. Luckily there are a few solutions out there. Two of the best easy fixes I can offer are to cheap and simple. Both require a fire though so hopefully circumstances will warrant a fire if you find yourself in the need of using my solutions. If you have a nalgine bottle or a similar bottle of thick plastic fill it with boiling water and put it in your sleeping bag with you, preferable with the lid sealed. It works best at the foot of your bag with the top closed as tightly around your head as you can keep it. The second solution is a bit more crude but works just the same. You place a larger rock, say two thirds the size of a football very close to the fire for a good 45 minutes and then rap it up in a thick shirt and use it just as you would the bottle. The rock solution is more of a risky one because as I did last time using it you can over heat the rock and rune a good flannel shirt. I burnt a hole right through one of the layers of my shirt. I wasn't cold though and sometimes that can mean living or dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment