Water is king!

This post doesn't have an applicable story because I've never been in the situation when I was dehydrated and I'm honestly glad. The only times I've suffered form dehydration where safe at home when I was sick. Successive vomiting can leave you dry quickly. Moving on though there is one tip I would like to make mention of that I've been taught concerning gathering water. This one will seem a bit ridiculous because of the needed tools, but should you be in the odd circumstance of having them and needing water you'll know what to do. If you have large sheets of plastic such as saran wrap and you are in a hot dry environment you dig a small hole about two feet in diameter and a foot deep and cover the hole with the saran wrap leaving a cup in the very center of the bottom of the hole. You then place a small stone on the plastic above the cup so the plastic will dip down towards the cup. Condensation will then gather and drip into the cup. It's ridiculous but could save your life, maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment